Performing Complex Rock Trenching, Single-Pass Utility Installation, and Directional Drilling Across Multiple Industries
Our rock trenching capabilities include:
- Experience in up to 50k PSI rock.
- Complete rock removal services, including but not limited to underground wet and dry utilities, MEP, manholes, and utility vaults.
- Machine configurations and capacities as small as 2’ deep x 1’ wide, up to 20’ deep x 60” wide or 26’ deep x 36” wide. Custom configurations tailored to meet the needs of most projects.
- GPS technology for auto-steer, auto-depth, and as-builts.
- Mechanically and hydraulic driven trenchers ranging in size from 70k pounds to 300k pounds.
- Laboratory testing performed on project rock samples in order to properly configure teeth and chain patterns to maximize production.
Single-Pass Utility Installation
Our single-pass utility installation capabilities include:
- Production rates up to 250 feet per minute.
- Multiple configurations for MV and DC cable, fiber optic, drainage tile, and rural water infrastructure.
- GPS capabilities to facilitate accurate as-builts and steering and depth guidance.
- Use of either static plow or chain trencher implement for a variety of ground conditions.
Our crew has experience serving utility and renewable energy infrastructure markets nationwide with directional drilling services. We have completed projects ranging from $30k to $1.5 million and have the resources to tackle those of any scope.
Our directional drilling capabilities include:
- We work to install wet and dry utilities under existing utilities, easements, waterways, and roadways.
- Up to 16” diameter via horizontal directional drilling.
- Less invasive, safer, and quicker than traditional open trenches.
- Aligns with environmental requirements or eliminates the need for environmental studies.
- GPS survey upfront and GPS as-builts after.
Safety is Our First Priority
At Hodge Western Corp, our excellent project record and established work ethic, in combination with a company culture built on safety protocols, ensures that every job is successful both above and below the ground.